Voting

Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Day of School!!!

Waking up for her big day!!!


Today was Halle's first day of preschool!!!! She was such a BIG girl--I was so proud of her!!!I was officially the quintessential "dorky" mom, and took a hundred pics of her (you will see :) even in her classroom :) she thought it was all fine and dandy until she figured out that I was actually leaving her there---then she was maybe not s0 sure! but she was a big girl and ended up LOVING it....Her teacher said the only time she had to correct her was when she was "disruptive" during nap time (i.e. she didn't want to take a nap, b/c it was WAY too early--and where was she anyway?? I can just see her w/ her little saucer eyes looking around at everyone--miss Curious George)...they let her go out in the hall with the teacher and work puzzles and read....how sweet :) Of course the pigtails I sent her off with looked like a homeless vagabond by the time she got home (as if I am surprised), and she was so tired was cross-eyed when she got home--I think she is going to sleep VERY good tonight!! The good news is that she said she wants to go back next week! YAY!!! (and mommy even made it without any tears today--last night was another story :) Daddy got to get off work a little early today and come with me to pick her up--needless to say, Halle flipped out when she heard Chad's voice in the doorway--it was so cute!! We were so proud of her!!


She was so cute with her little backpack and lunchbox!!




Since mom never makes it into pics, I tried to take a self-pic--not so successfully as you can see!!







In the car on the way, holding her Princess lunchbox!!


In her new classroom--she was the first one there! and dove right into
the dollies!!





After waking up from nap at home!!


Post first school day with wild hair (after nap at home)









3 comments:

Angie said...

I am so glad that her first day went so good!!!! That makes it so much better for her (and mom!!) Maybe I will run into you next Thursday too!

Anonymous said...

So funny! Glad you all survived. Wish I would have sent Rhett with her! :)

Emily said...

These pictures are great!!! Halle looks so grown up with her backpack on and her little pigtails. You'll love having all of the pictures!

And, her bed hed is priceless!

Hope you have a great week!!!